Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My air conditioner has quit all of a sudden, after working fine since it had been converted over to R134a last year. My car is a 1987 Z28 (305TPI). The compressor does not kick in, so I was wondering if it quits when the R134A stuff is low. Does anyone know if this is correct & where should I try to add the stuff ((Which is high pressure end & which low pressure end)).. Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
RadarRunner, Take it to a shop and get it checked. It could be as simple as the clutch cycling switch or it could be low on refrigerant. Too many things to list here.

------------------
Leo Paugh
MCC #017
www.clark.net/pub/chevelle/mcc.htm
the bitterness of poor quality remains, long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten

·
Registered
34 Posts
R-134 is also "thinner" than R-12 making it easier to leak out. Often it doesn't leave oil around a spot where it leaks out. Best to leave it to the pros on this one. Not only is can charging dangerous,it is not precise. Even a slight overcharge can make your a/c perform badly. When we recharge a retrofitted system,(after finding and repairing the leak) We use the gauges and system performance to find the ultimate refridgerant charge. Hope this helps-Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts