Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys am at it again, this time still having brake problems. Here is my drama, I recently upgrade to disk in the rear of my 68 and have had a hard time getting it completely bleed. I have a power bled and even put speed bleeders in, but still not having a good pedal. I have a hard pedal with the car off, but as soon as I turn it on the pedel goes to the floor and becomes spongy. I have a covette style master cylinder with a 7" dual power booster. The car slowly stops, again once the pedal is to the floor, what could be my problem?? I have warmed the fluid up by driving it around the my street, re-bled and still soft pedal?? I have no leaks anywhere, could I have a bad booster, or air still in lines??:confused:
Thanks Joe

·
19,748 Posts
Sounds like air in the line/s.

One issue with a friends 67 was his booster rod was wrong one and he also adjusted the pedal rod all wrong.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
The calipers have to be mounted to position the bleeders at the highest point. It is possible to have the front calipers on the wrong sides, maybe rears also in your case. If they can't be mounted that way you may have to dismount them to bleed the system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts