Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my dad just bought a second gen with rear air shocks, i would like to know how much pressure should he put in.
thank you:confused:

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Re: air shocks pressure ???

I think the general opinion is somewhere between 55 and 90psi depending on what style they are. Try and see what gives you a decent ride.

·
Super Moderator
32,349 Posts

I think depends upon manf.
AC/Delco - green in color, 90 max
Gabriel Hyjackers, white, 150 max
Monore, yellow?, 90 max.

25 -35 PSI for an enjoyable ride. Might have the MAX Pressure ring on the valve, maybe.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts

I think depends upon manf.
AC/Delco - green in color, 90 max
Gabriel Hyjackers, white, 150 max
Monore, yellow?, 90 max.

25 -35 PSI for an enjoyable ride. Might have the MAX Pressure ring on the valve, maybe.
As Everett said, the more air you put in the stiffer the ride. You can probably go up as high as 45-50psi and still get a decent ride. It's a fairly heavy car. Watch the back end raise up as you fill them. It's a compromise between ride height and comfort. Experiment and see what's best for you and the car.

Be careful, they fill up much faster than a tire.

Mark

·
Registered
188 Posts
With the ones that I had it depended on the stance you wanted. However, I always found them to give a terrible ride with an even stance and replaced them with Eldebrock IAS Classics. Best money I ever spent!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I installed them on my 69z28 after installing new replacement springs all around, the car bottomed out with a full tnak of gas or someone in the back seat. I run about 4o psi and the car rides fine. Good luck. Mine said that 40 psi was the minimum recomended pressure and i just couldnt buy new springs again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts