Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, got myself a 68 camaro with what appears to have air suspension in the rear. i noticed an air valve in the rear bumper with lines to run the left and right rear end. anyone have any info on this. forgive my ignorance im new to the classic car world, this being my first car and although i was open to the idea of restoring something myself, i found a car all done at a great price. thanks

·
Registered
355 Posts
The car probably has or had air shocks. They were a common way budget hot rodders lifted the rear after adding oversized tires in the 70's. Check out your rear shocks and see if you have air shocks. You will see an inlet valve similar in size to the air lines you found, usually on the top half of the shock. If you don't have air shocks, you don't need the air lines anymore.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Beautiful car! You did well. It usually costs less to buy a finished car than to do it yourself. Very few of us ever get back the money we put into restoration. Enjoy.

Mike.

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
Wow - gorgeous car! X2 on what Mike said and by the looks of the way the car is sitting, I believe you may still have those air shocks in - just let the air out and see if the back of the car drops to normal ride height:wink2:
Congrats on your purchase and good luck with her.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts