Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading topics on this site for quite a long time. I only recently started posting when I had to find out what kind of muncie I had. You all answered me very quickly and seem to enjoy the stories I leave in Bench Racing. But I have read about many Myths people seem to have about airbags. First let me say that I work in a large dealership here in Marshfield,WI. We work on everything from new to used,Imports to domestic's. As far as air bags go when you are changing the steering wheel for replacement DISCONNECT the battery before you touch anything. By the time you get to unplugging the bag It will not go off. The bag only remains (charged) for a few seconds. This is in case the battery loses juice before the bag goes off (in case of an accident) If you are changing a bag because of a small fender bender. You MUST CHANGE the air bag sensor.(usually under Passenger seat. I know that Dodge sensors were mounted on the inner fender well but since 99 they are in the bag itself. Under no cirumstances reuse a clock sensor once it has gone off. They are not reusable. It's a one time deal with them. If for some reason you have to hook up the battery before you install the bag, don't hook it up while the battery is connected. In that case unhook the batery and wait 15 minutes. Be sure to grounds yourself to the body before trying to reattach the bag. I hope this helps.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts