Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. 67 rs 6 cylinder no A/C with idiot lights not gauges. I have replaced the alternator with a delco replacement, the voltage regulator with NAPA version, the battery with NAPA version, the ground cables, the battery cables, the starter with Delco reman, the entire light harness from the fuse panel forward, the rs light relays ( all 3) and the circuit breaker, the two rs motors with aftermarket versions and the alternator belt. The light stays on at the gauge cluster brightly and does not fluctuate when driving..It never goes out and I don't know why. One person local suggested the printed circuit board at the cluster may have failed and grounded the bulb? Anyone? and thanks in advance. Tom McGinnity PS the car runs and charges fine and can sit for long periods and not discharge

·
Registered
523 Posts
Regulator grounded to the core support with a ground strap? If so:
Remove the regulator connector. Turn the key to ON. The light should go off. If it does there is no short in the dash. Measure the brown wire on pin 4 to ground. Should have 12 volts.

·
Super Moderator
32,533 Posts
You forgot to change the spare tire air! Check you Maintenance Schedule 'G'.......HA!

Ignition switch provides 12 VDC on one side of GEN bulb, pink wire. The other side comes from the regulator on the brown wire through the bulkhead. If alt is off, reg provides a low, thus the bulb lights. If alt is on, brown wire has 12 VDC, thus bulb is out.

Hope this helps.....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll try this out this weekend..thanks much T

1 - 4 of 4 Posts