Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine has a alternator bracket for a long water pump BBC that lets the unit sit lower ( lets say closer towards the water pump ) I will need a shorter belt of course, will it give it a cleaner look, NO power loses I hope<<ANY PICS

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Like this?

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
With a little fabrication, and depending on Alt. type you choose, you can get it much lower.
I've done several for blown and street-rod application that were below the water pump and closer to crank center-line.
Like this - 1000x1000 (2).jpg

I did a mount like this a few years back for an old Chevy farm truck with a SBC to retain the 'stockish' look and leave the generator - non-functional, but has a hydraulic pump mounted to back of it - in it's original position while upgrading to an Alt. for charging reliability.
The crossmember on the truck is well below the engine, this will most likely be the limiting factor for an F-Body/Camaro application.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Alan Grove Components

Alan Grove Components has the brackets for low mounting of the alternator on small and big block Chevies. Not sure if any of them will work on a Camaro due to interferences with other components. Nonetheless here is a link for you: http://www.alangrovecomponents.com/

I've purchase his brackets for my Model A that has a 350 SBC. Good quality steel brackets that fit as they should.

Hope that helps and good luck :thumbsup:

John

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
I have the Alan Groves bracket on mine like Steiner shows in his picture. It comes unpainted but it's a really nice heavy duty piece. I like it unfinished, I'm more of a function over shiny billet guy.

Here is mine, you can kind of see how it mounts. It's a small block long pump. Tested to 8200 rpms......:D

·
Registered
77 Posts
That alt bracket is for sbc's with electric water pumps. So all your using is a belt from crank to alt and crank to power steering.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts