Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am putting a tpi motor in my 67 vert with the serpentine setup.my question is i guess i need to put a fuse in between the wire from the alternator and the starter,what size fuse should i go with?its a 105 amp alternator.any help would be appreciated...

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a 50 amp fuse protecting the entire system, but my fuse is back in the rear of the car with the battery. Installing a fuse is not a bad idea though you need to shelter it from heat if installing up by the starter.
I did the exact same serpentine setup. See my post from a couple days ago titled "Help. burned up two alternators" for some important tips on how not to burn up your CS alternator. Another tidbit is regarding the radiator hose. You can use a 68 radiator hose if you shorten the end going to the radiator. See my website for pictures.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks ramcda.yeah i already have a 50amp fuse on the firewall for the whole system,i just wanted one between the alt and starter just for insurance.any help would be appreciated....

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn ramcda,i pretty much am going with the same setup as u.don't want u to think i'm copying u but i also have the t-56 and those phantom guages.by the way thanks for the tip on the rad hose!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts