Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know how the wires are routed to the alternator. I my 1969 Camaro they go from the battery location right over to the alternator. My engine comp looks good but those wires I think get routed a different way, there also does not seem to be a lot of wire to move them around. Thanks, Jerod

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Jerod,

I'm in the process of converting my 1 wire to 3 wire and have found a lot of good info on this site by searching the archive. The is my first time so understand I'm not an expert in any way. I've attached a diagram that is available in the archives showing the power wire going from Alt to horn relay/bus bar. That is how mine is set up. Currently the red wire goes from Alt straight across to drivers side fender, too close to headers. I'm going to wrap red, white and blue wires and run them next to intake manifold to firewall, across to drivers side, under fender to horn bus. If you go this route you'll have to add wire to make the run.

Attachments

·
Retired
26,754 Posts
I would like to know how the wires are routed to the alternator. I my 1969 Camaro they go from the battery location right over to the alternator. My engine comp looks good but those wires I think get routed a different way, there also does not seem to be a lot of wire to move them around. Thanks, Jerod
That's kinda how they go Jerod. They run from the voltage regulator up under the lip of the core support, around the battery and there is a hole in the fender lip where a clip holds the wrapped wires before they head across to the alt.

Reference view B on page upc 12 sheet A5 in the '69 AIM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts