Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for opinions on best small block aluminum heads,for the money?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not really cheap,just looking for the best value.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Biggest hp for the money. AFR 195 Eliminator heads for a healthy 350-383ci. For 406-434ci. AFR 210 or 220. All are @ $1400-1450. Not the cheapest but real big power potential.

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
Pro action, now sold by RHS. Extremely affordable, excellent performance box stock/as cast, with big potential in porting if desired.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Pro action, now sold by RHS. Extremely affordable, excellent performance box stock/as cast, with big potential in porting if desired.
A great second choice if price is a concern.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
277 Posts
The beauty of AFRs is that right out of the box, you have the best flowing head available. Sure you can take another brand and have port work done, but at a total cost higher than the AFRs and may flow equal or barely more.

I have the 180cc heads for my 350, and am very happy with them.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
The beauty of AFRs is that right out of the box, you have the best flowing head available. Sure you can take another brand and have port work done, but at a total cost higher than the AFRs and may flow equal or barely more.

I have the 180cc heads for my 350, and am very happy with them.
Not to mention if the stock AFR CNC porting isn't good enough for you there's always the option of there CNC competition porting and or custom hand porting as well.:wacko:

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Street, Edelbrock E-Tec hard to beat. I love mine, 200cc runners on a 11.70 second 350 ZZ-4 used to be in my car. Tons of torque with GM 'hot' cam.

I am considering buying some AFR's,for a budget 383 I am planning. But I haven't gotten to that decision yet. I have trouble with the budget concept.
I figger if you're gonna spend a grand why not spend 2 and get what you like.
But that's not what a stinkin budget is, is it?
Tim
77 Camaro 412 SBC no juice no trannybrake....YET
Brodix T1 CNC 227
10.85/ 126mph

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
From what I hear even the Edelbrock RPM's are decent heads and somebody on another board is running in the 11's with em unported.

·
Registered
363 Posts
What's the feeling on the Dart pro 1 heads in the 200 or 215 sizes, I've heard good things about these, curious if others using these would recommend them.

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
The new Brodix IK series heads are the best bang for the buck on the market right now! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Whats the diff. between the Brodix race rite's and IK series. They flow real close to the same #'s(180's anyway). The race rites look better IMHO.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts