Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Back from Florida and ready to get back to work. I installed a new American Auto Wire front engine wiring harness today and I have one wire left over and have no idea where it goes and was hoping someone could identify it for me and tell me what this hooks up to. I've attached a picture for reference. The wire is green and is wrapped in some kind of heat shield or insulation. All other ends are attached to something..hopefully the right item.

Also...once I get this last wire installed is there something I should look out for before I start the engine? I'm still trying to rebuild my Eddy carb so it will probably be another week or so.

IMG_0508.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Temp sender,??? I think it should run on the drivers side, on top the intake,between the carb and the valve cover. some had them there,next to the water neck, and some had them on the drivers side engine block, towards the front !! hopefully some other team members will chime in !!

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just found it. That is the wire for the heat/temp sensor. I do see a plug in the intake just under the water neck so I'm guessing this is where the wire goes. Would anyone know the specific part/sensor I need? How scarry is this....I've been driving this car around for the past 10 years without any type of temp warning system. The sh#! for brains mechanic that rebuilt the engine for me 10 years ago never installed this, never told me about it and I never thought to ask. Thanks for the replies!

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
According to the 67 AIM:

(V8 w/o gauges)
1993369 Switch Asm Water Temp
6402666 Opt.

I don't see one listed for cars w/ gauges... You might just go to a reproduction parts website and see what they list, e.g. Hearbeat, YearOne, MuscleCar Parts, etc., etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts