Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've jut laid out my AAW Classic Camaro dash wiring and the only thing that seems out of place is the connector for the horn relay. Was there ever a Camaro with the horn relay under the dash? Am I missing something? Thank you in advance for any answers.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Never heard of a 1st generation GM anything with the horn relay inside the vehicle. What makes you think the mystery connector is for the horn relay?

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
The Classic Update kit does use a horn relay that is mounted inside the car. When you look at the wiring diagrams with the kit, you'll see that AAW manages power distribution differently than GM did, so there is no need for the buss bar that was at the bottom of the OE horn relay.

I assume if you were really fussy about having exact OE appearing wiring, you'd have chosen the AAW Factory Fit harnesses. I just clipped the Update's horn relay onto the dash structure where my hazard flasher used to fit (now on the Update's fuse block), and got on with my life.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
I was not aware of that.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yeap ... I was stumped when installing my AAW kit as well ... but I like having the relay under the dash and it works great ...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the promt answers, guys! So far, the only harness that I've taken out of the package is the dash kit...you say the required relay is in the kit somewhere? Didn't see it with that stuff.

·
Registered
382 Posts
It may be in the bag with all of the fuses ... can't remember exactly ...

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Yep, that's where it should be. There are two silver round flashers, and one square black relay, and they should be with all the fuses.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I've jut laid out my AAW Classic Camaro dash wiring and the only thing that seems out of place is the connector for the horn relay. Was there ever a Camaro with the horn relay under the dash? Am I missing something? Thank you in advance for any answers.
Am I missing something?? Doug, what year is your car????? I am guessing a 69????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts