Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
19,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone run them and how do they hook. Prices are great, but not if they won't hook. Buddy has a set I can borrow to try, but I'm a little sketchy cause they have some cracks that look like they're old or dry rotted. He hasn't ran them either and I don't want to be the tester. Anyway, if its of any bearing on the subject, car "should be" low 12's. (at least on paper)

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I have seen a bunch of cars down here running them. The hook good in 12 second cars.

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
They are McCrearys, the name changed a while back. If you are talking about the Road Stars I went in the 11's on them. Personally I think that's about the limit for them. If you are in the low 12 or above range you will love them. Do not over heat them, once you do they never hook the same again. McCreary/American Racing tires are big in sprint car racing etc.. They are actually dirt tires (it says in right on the side of the Road Stars). Fairly soft compound but, lasts pretty good on the street. They are priced real fair (much cheaper than drag radials or other cheater slicks) I paid right at $115 per tire for 295/50/15's (actually $113.50)

6D9,
You probably see a lot of cars running them down there becasue you can buy them in Modesto @ Jack McCoy Enterprises. I used to drive down there to buy them.

·
19,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.Looks like I'll get my catalog today /tomorrow. I'm looking at their DOT's and Dirts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts