Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a pretty good deal on a set of American Racing's new Torq-lites.
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10002_795642_-1_36656

Thinking of 17 x 8's in rear, either 17 x 8 or 17 x 7 in front, have not decided yet. Polished.

Anyone install/see a set of these yet? Everyone and their brother has Pro-stars, plus I like the larger, more open wheel of the same style.

After measuring/mock-up/checking other 67 camaro, I am undecided if I want to risk running a 275 or play it safe with a 255 I know will fit. Original plan was for a set of drag radials, I think I'll just buy some cheap tires for this set of rims, and install slicks on a spare set of rears. Not ideal front tire set-up, but hey, it's not a bracket car.

Love to see some pictures of this rim mounted on a first gen. American Racing's website shows no pictures of this combination. Anyone running something similar?

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Let me show you what we did with the wheels on my Road Runner.
My painter can paint the centers of the wheels flat black for you, if you want to order them that way. Let me know:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks! Was the other car this car:

This was one of our customer's cars!

I usually have TorqLites in stock, but they've been moving fast. Keep in touch, we'll hook you up with black if that is what you want and I have Jeg's WAY beat in pricing!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yup. I have some Baer Brakes that will be going behind some of those very soon! Those should make for some nice pictures.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just finished my order this morning, got a great deal on them. Roughly $500 shipped to my door! Went with the polished, but it was a VERY tough decision, one I'm still not 100% on. If I don't like em, I guess I'll sell em on racingjunk and buy some plain rims to paint black myself. Jon's pricing is fantastic as well, JEGS has these way overpriced compared to the retailers. But, payment is complete, so we'll see if I made the right decision early next week! Now, I've got to figure out what size tires I'm going to put on these rims. Jon, what is the aspect ratio on that monte?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just finished my order this morning, got a great deal on them. Roughly $500 shipped to my door! Went with the polished, but it was a VERY tough decision, one I'm still not 100% on. If I don't like em, I guess I'll sell em on racingjunk and buy some plain rims to paint black myself. Jon's pricing is fantastic as well, JEGS has these way overpriced compared to the retailers. But, payment is complete, so we'll see if I made the right decision early next week! Now, I've got to figure out what size tires I'm going to put on these rims. Jon, what is the aspect ratio on that monte?
Well, sounds like you stold those wheels. Still wish I could have won over the sale, but I understand the bottom line is it, and I extended the best deal I could. The tires on the rear of the Monte is a 275/40/18 and the fronts are a 245/40/18, all Nitto 555's. Need me to get you the tires??? ;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Check your pm's, if you can get what I want at competitive pricing, I'd love to support a forum member ;)

·
Registered
276 Posts
What size rim and tire did you end up going with?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts