Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have pictures of any American Racing wheels that have the chrome centers like with the Hopster or Torque Thrusts? I have decided to order 17" Hopsters for my 69 Camro but can not decide between the full polished version or the chrome center version? I have never seen the chrome center verions in person or even on a car in a picture. If any one has pictures please post them. Thanks

·
Registered
130 Posts
I can tell you from experience, I like the polished myself. When the chrome gets older, and it starts to flake, chip, or peel for any reason, it's a nightmare to try and re-chrome. At least with the polished, they can always be worked on. Polished is my suggestion.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can tell you from experience, I like the polished myself. When the chrome gets older, and it starts to flake, chip, or peel for any reason, it's a nightmare to try and re-chrome. At least with the polished, they can always be worked on. Polished is my suggestion.
I have had several sets of chrome wheels in the past and have never had any problems with them. As long as you take care of them they will last forever. Are you saying that this is a problem with the chrome that American Racing does or all chrome in general? Mainly I just want to see what the chrome center version looks like versus the full polished set. Thanks

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Go Polished, you can buff them to a perfect shine, where as Chrome if they rust/corrode at all you are hosed and must get them rechromed :(
I can buff a polished rim to shine just as bright as a chrome rim.

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Polished here too. I bought a set of chrome wheels for my truck and 6 months later they look like crap. pitted and rusted. I do take care of my stuff too!

·
Registered
996 Posts
I have 16x8 American Racing Hopsters..
I realize this is a bad picture, but I will try to post some close-up shots after work tonight.
You may also want to check my profile pic,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts