Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined Team Camaro, what a site! I think I might have some of you beat. I've had my camaro for 31 years now. Thats right, I'm old. 50 years young in my book. I met my wife with my car at the beach. I've still got her and the car. Mine is a 68 plain camaro. Silver and black. Black bumble bee stripe, black vinyl top and black interior with a silver body. I just had a engine built for it. The 327 that was in it was was getting tired. I now have a 383 putting out 472 hp and 507 lbs of torque. I always thought that usually you have more hp than torque, but not in this case. I don't have the engine back in just yet. I've added frame connectors to make it a solid frame and putting a disk brake conversion kit on the front axle currently. Can't wait for warm weather here in Michigan so I can try it out. I think I can still remember how to light them up.:thumbsup: ED

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats an idea. I'll have to get my wife's digital camera out. The hard part will be how to get the pics on the computer. ED

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can do it Ed! I'm 47 and I am computer challenged, but I did it. Wait, you're 50? Oh man.... Good luck. Got any kids?
Welcome Ed
Got you beat by some---bought my 68 SS new--gave it to my little sis in 1971 but just got it back----been in the family since new...Welcome to the site...snowdog

·
Retired
16,008 Posts
Welcome Ed you spring chicken 57 here and same wife for 27years but Camaro has only been with us for 6 years. Love em both :thumbsup:
to post photos, click on link in my signature for help ideas or join as a Gold paying member and hosting pics is easily done right here on the site. :)

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Welcome to the crew, Ed. 50? Not even half way through! As far as the 31 years with your Cam? I think guys are keeping their cars longer than the wives today, eh? :)

Only guy I know with the orig Camaro this long...is a bud back west, who's had his '69 since new...and you're one of the smarter ones who kept his as well (both car and wife).

capt

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
Ed - welcome to Team Camaro from another one of us "over-50" guys -- and I have to respectfully disagree that 50 is "old"

Any time one of those youngsters makes a comment to me about being over 50 I tell them that they've got quite a few years to get to where I've been already :beers: and if they want to catch me they better get going right away because I have a fast Camaro :yes:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Almost empty nesters. A 25 and 20 year old. One still lives at home, but don't know for how long yet.

·
Premium Member
5,308 Posts
Almost empty nesters. A 25 and 20 year old. One still lives at home, but don't know for how long yet.
When they leave tear out the walls around their bedrooms or they will be back!(don't ask me how I know) Welcome to the site from a 69 Camaro owner since 1973. (this one since 83)(second wife)

Jeff

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Welcome aboard Ed.

Another Camaro Saved...Smartly

1 - 15 of 15 Posts