Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Looks like his buddys are bidding this one up. The bait has been set!!!!Here fishy fishy!!!!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Theres a 69 Z10 on Ebay that says it's a 4L build..he goes on to say his Z10 has a rare factory bench seat! Ya, it's rare all right..they never made it!

·
3,176 Posts
I was under the impression that a handfull of bench seats were installed into some of the yearly and I mean very early 69's. Would think that the Z10 would have been way outside of that timeline though.

(from the CRG pages)

Items not available from the factory on any 1969 model included:
Rear sway bar
Radius rod/traction bar
Cruise control
Bench seat (a couple of rare, very early, exceptions have been reported but not confirmed)

------------------
Jeff 67/68 & 69 RS's
65 442 www.hobbystage.net/camaro/hawaiiancamaro

[This message has been edited by HawaiianCamaro (edited 02-28-2002).]

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The black vinyl top IS possible..I've read it in various books and it has been documented. As far as the white interior. I THINK that was possible as well..I think all a Z10 had to be was White with Orange stripes, SS with RS. Anything else goes..

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yes you could get the black top.I bet if you look very hard a bench seat is posible also,remember it was 69 and many strange things happened just like today.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I went back and looked at the picture again of the seat and it almost looks like black comfort weave

J

·
0 Posts
I have seen a few Z10s with black vinyl tops. I have also seen a couple with white vinyl tops. I have a good friend here with a BB Z10 and black top. The ivory interior and black top is not an unusual combination. There is a popular rumer that there was at least one Z10 built with orange houndstooth. We may never know. I am curently working on an unrestored 69 SS/RS that is original Hugger orange with orange Houndstooth interior. Some people say that combination never existed.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Jerimiah, it the cowl tag says Orange Houndstooth, then it exists..case closed. I'm sure you could get it if you really wanted it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts