Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My name is David and I'm an alco....wait, wrong meeting place. I'm a Camaro addict. I had a 69 in high school and have been trying to get another since.

I actually joined this site about 2 years ago when my father picked up a 69 Camaro. Someone tried to make it an SS replica, but after decoding the tag (its a regular V8 coupe) I knew positively it was not an SS. Anyway, he picked it up April of 08 for something me, him, and my son to modify together. We never got around to doing much to it and unfortunately, he passed away in January. So after dealing with the wonderful world of wills and probate attorneys...its sitting in my garage. Its actually in really good shape with original solid floors, trunk, frame rails, subframe, ect... It does have some issues around the back window cause of the vinyl top (which is coming off) and some issues around the front window pillars and roof edges by the door. Overall the panels are pretty solid. I attached a few pictures from when the car was purchased. There are some things that need to be addressed immediately, so you will see me posting in other areas. I would like to thank everyone a head of time for all the priceless knowledge you guys have posted on here. Ive been reading and its unbelieveable. Hopefully, I will be able to be a productive member and post some usefull info. Thanks Guys and Gals!

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They installed a nostalgic air a/c system and put on some kind of funky alternator mount. This is going to be addressed very soon, possibly with the new style alternator upgrade and steering box upgrade.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was originally a vinyl top car, but to bad...lol It is coming off and getting the stripes. I like the new Camaro's in white with the flat black stripes. I might go that route. The brackets looked fabbed up, so I'm not sure what set up I can actually use. I can pick up a serpentine belt system from a 92 Camaro for $200. Has the p/s pump, alt, GM a/c comp, tensioner, ect...I just have to get a new long pump. I though of going that route and then since i have the new style p/s pump, do the steering box upgrade at the same time and the alternator conversion.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Wow that is a wild Alt bracket set up. Looks like a nice Camaro! Real nice color combination. You should put the black side SS stripe on it.
Yes I agree! Black withe SS wheels... Nice :yes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts