Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a guy near me has a 69 12 bolt that I am considering with 4:11's but no posi for $1000. It has the multi-leafs with it but I would replace them. My question is - since the 67 was mono, Are we talking cutting off and welding on new perches? Sounds like a royal PITA but it seems like true 67 mono 12 bolts are hard to find...?

Thanks for any help,

Bill

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
No. If it is truly a multi-leaf rear (lots of them have had multis installed in a mono perch), you can just add spacers in the bottom of the perch if you want to run monos. You may be able to find the perch depths for mono vs. multi on here (I can't recall offhand). I had a similar issue with the 8.5 inch X-body rear I bought. The X-body multi-leafs were either thicker or had thicker isolators than my 5 leafs and F-body isolators. I welded a thin plate into the perch to make things nice and tight.

Unless you want to duplicate the factory radius rod setup or add aftermarket bars like CalTracs, you may want to keep multis under your 67. I know you're trying to do a BB tribute car, but I can't imagine a BB 67 with just the mono springs. My 67 with an LT-1 was nicknamed "Singer" for the stiches of rubber I'd leave when the axle wrapped, and I would thing a BB might get plain scary.

4.11 open rear? Bet that hooks well...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts