Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6161&item=2432248171
I informed the gentleman that the "HC" stamping is a normal 250 hp 2 br 350 manual shift engine, stamped on an oddity 350 core. He arrogantly responds back:

I informed the gentleman that the "HC" stamping is a normal 250 hp 2 br 350 manual shift engine, stamped on an oddity 350 core. He arrogantly responds back:

(this is a cut and paste quote--Note the grammar and spelling):

i think you should check you # better when block casting with that suffix it is 350 350 heads with 302 block all books and records i have checked state the same including the lateest chevy by #s thanks

·
Registered
807 Posts
Wow...that is a rare car. I've never seen a 69 small block with the oil fill tube up front like on the 67-68s. Also, if the guy's attention to detail is as good as his spelling and grammar....whoa! (Nice chop shop he runs from the back yard...he must be the envy of everyone in the trailer park!) And, if you were going to try to sell the car, you'd try to make it as presentable as possible...as I assume he's done here...this thing looks like it was rode hard and put away wet...very hard and very wet. A nice project car for someone at "95% rust free"! Nice top and wheels too...and how about that hood? $12,500.00 and "reserve not met"?? PASS.

·
Retired
16,046 Posts
I also dropped him a short letter, will see what he replies with. He references a letter from CRG but doesnt show it. I just dont want him to claim its a Z unless there is a DZ number on the deck.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
To Cool and to Rare for me! I want a car I can drive. That combo is just waiting to be stolen.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Correct me if Im wrong, but his alt. is on the wrong side(should be on the left side???) and the valve covers are vintage 67 only(script style)???

·
Retired
16,046 Posts
Im actually having brief dialogue with him in email now and slowly I think he is getting the correct info. CRG has asked him to remove his reference to them since its being misused too. But he hasnt yet.
Ive just asked him to not refer to Z or 302 as it is not at all relevant to his car.
He has a 350/250 2 barrel coded v8, that it.
will report back later

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm so tired of these kind of people. I had a guy last week trying to convince me that 20,000 - 25,000 was now the going price for a driver quality 69 Convert. I'm looking for a good solid body 69 307/auto convert, but am not going to pay the asking $$$$$ these guys are wanting here lately. It is people like this Ebay'er that is making these cars unaffordable for the common guy who truly loves these cars.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm so tired of these kind of people. I had a guy last week trying to convince me that 20,000 - 25,000 was now the going price for a driver quality 69 Convert. I'm looking for a good solid body 69 307/auto convert, but am not going to pay the asking $$$$$ these guys are wanting here lately. It is people like this Ebay'er that is making these cars unaffordable for the common guy who truly loves these cars.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I think I saw that car on eBay recently, I think it's just one of those "recycler" cars. I also looked back at his previous auctions, he's bought a 70 Chevelle, 68 442, 71 Vette, etc.... in the last few months, all in the 4-5K range. All it takes is the right set of photos, and the wrong kind of person looking for a car, to make a quick 5 grand. Some people think that's what eBay is all about. Give me your money, foo.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Tom
Hey didnt you used to live in Spokane or should I say Otis Orchards?
Mike

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mike...I'm from Silver Lake WA. Now living in Bonaire GA just south of Macon. The last we spoke was when I was stationed in Germany--USAF, still am active with 6 more years to go. You might be thinking of Mike Ryan that lives in Spokane.
Kevin...I couldn't remember my old login in name, so I opened up a new account.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No you are who I'm thinking of I just could'nt remember where exactly around Spokane. I can tell you I dont have alot or anything for that matter good to say about Ryan. Heck none of us here in Pateros can. So hows life? You plan on getting back up here in Gods country?? I just finished well never finished but I got my RS/SS convertable going. Hows yours comming?
Mike

·
Retired
16,046 Posts
Thats pretty much it, but he still refers to it as a 302 block in an HC application. He sort of de-referened CRG now in the add with a correction but stands by his claims as being checked out by him and others. Oh well, buyer beware.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I try not to get involved between peoples deals. Mike has been good to me. The rose wood that came with the Silver Z you traded for, came from my first Z11. I sold that car because it was a bit more work than I could afford at the time. I bought another, only to run into the same hidden problems. I'm a perfectionist and only want the best, so I'm in the process of going all out on this Indy Car. I'm trying to get it as perfect as one can get. It's taking longer than I would like, due to FUNDS. Mr. Bush doesn't pay us that good yet:(
As for the Car on Ebay, the gentleman will sell the car with out the Engine. Make him an offer... Being from NY all its life, I would be a bit scared

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I try not to get involved between peoples deals. Mike has been good to me. The rose wood that came with the Silver Z you traded for, came from my first Z11. I sold that car because it was a bit more work than I could afford at the time. I bought another, only to run into the same hidden problems. I'm a perfectionist and only want the best, so I'm in the process of going all out on this Indy Car. I'm trying to get it as perfect as one can get. It's taking longer than I would like, due to FUNDS. Mr. Bush doesn't pay us that good yet:(
As for the Car on Ebay, the gentleman will sell the car with out the Engine. Make him an offer... Being from NY all its life, I would be a bit scared

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Somebody actually put a bid on the car and the owner lowered his reserve to 17,000. Is this guy F^*!ing NUTS or what!!! This car is a $6,500-$7,500 car at most, in today's over-inflated Camaro market

1 - 20 of 59 Posts