Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the '67 Camaro that had factory air have a separate condenser infront of the rad, or did they just have the 4 core rad? Thanks, Bill

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts
All AC systems require a separate condenser.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GM part #3899793. Here's just 1 supplier.
Thanks for that Allan, I have one coming with my Vintage Air package, but wasn't sure if there was a factory one used on the original AC cars. I'll have to dig up a 4 core rad as well as mine has the two core. It seems so thin, but the car has never overheated and I put it through its paces fairly often.

·
Registered
Al - Waterloo, Iowa
4,174 Posts
You're welcome Bill. BTW you want to look for a 4 "row" radiator. Not "core". This might be helpful as you search. I think the original A/C or heavy duty radiator was a 3 row. Pretty sure that info is available on the CRG site and probably here on TC somewhere. Others have stated a large tube 2 row is as good or better than the standard 3 row. Try searching this forum.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The factory a/c condenser was designed for R-12 freon along with the POA Valve. If your switching yours or any other old systems over to 134a you would have to change or calibrate the POA valve and change the condenser over to a parrallel style designed to work with 134a. I've not worked with, but i understand theres even a newer freon R-1234YF? Good luck ....

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Did the '67 Camaro that had factory air have a separate condenser infront of the rad, or did they just have the 4 core rad? Thanks, Bill
In 67 there were no 4 core radiators according to CRG and only 68-69 BB cars got 4 core it seems unless I am reading it wrong.
They got 23" radiators 3 core.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
In 67 there were no 4 core radiators according to CRG and only 68-69 BB cars got 4 core it seems unless I am reading it wrong.
They got 23" radiators 3 core.
^^^what my 67 that was a AC car has. I did see one on Rockauto several months ago, 23" x 3 row, but no longer listed

I suspect a 23" with 2 larger rows vs 3 smaller ones would be better if available.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts