1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
5,112 Posts
Not positive but I think these are Holley seconds. So called white box pan.

AFAIK all the Holley cast aluminum parts are made in China.

Don

·
Registered
127 Posts
AFAIK all the Holley cast aluminum parts are made in China.
That’s unfortunately correct. All Holley stuff is evidently made in china.....I’ve got quite a bit of it, and if I had time and all the equipment,I would have just taken advantage of the engineering, copied what I thought was decent, fixed what is deficient, and sold it at a loss.
I’m just not real exicited about chinese manufacturing.

I talked to a guy a Reher Morrison about just that one aspect and he told me it can be done but it adds a very substantial cost to the SBC based 427 which was already $17,500. .....That’s now $18,200.
He didn’t clarify what was not made in the USA but I think it was the rotating assembly, plus some other stuff. Oh well ....it seemed like a losing proposition to try to go all American made...for me anyway.
It was just a matter of money, and I just couldn’t afford it.
Tim McAmis had a pretty good bit to say about this subject..
Sorry.....I go off on a tangent quite often.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thank you for the compliment!
It was one of those projects that I get paralysis by analysis, but thanks to all the guys that post pics of your stuff, I had some idea of what might work. It took 3 eight hour days.....I’m certainly not as efficient with time as I once was.

·
Premium Member
4,404 Posts
Thank you for the compliment!
It was one of those projects that I get paralysis by analysis, but thanks to all the guys that post pics of your stuff, I had some idea of what might work. It took 3 eight hour days.....I’m certainly not as efficient with time as I once was.
Looks really nice. If I recall Cleberne is not that far from Ennis. Been there?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ennis. Been there?
Yes Scott! I was there when Eddy Hill was the first in the fours....on eight cylinders. I was a member of the 1320 club. That sounds impressive but it was what they called the unicard ( drinking tax?) that allowed you to buy high priced beer.
I only drank one.....one right after the other.

·
Premium Member
4,404 Posts
Ennis. Been there?
Yes Scott! I was there when Eddy Hill was the first in the fours....on eight cylinders. I was a member of the 1320 club. That sounds impressive but it was what they called the unicard ( drinking tax?) that allowed you to buy high priced beer.
I only drank one.....one right after the other.
Cool I was there. I saw four of the first five four second runs. We used to park across the highway and BBQ. The ham sandwich people hated us. And the British guy who left his lights on. Came back and asked "do you have any jumper cables?" Mike jumps and says no but we do have some grey poupon. He wasn't impressed but we had had some potables and it was raining so wtf.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts