Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my 69, I have a center clock in the dash between the Speedo and Tach and I have purchased a new clock... Well, stupid me, I removed the old clock, but now when I try to install the new clock it's moves around and I can't tell how it originally was in there to keep it stable. I know it's got the two notches on the top for the screws and one on the left and right. I'm not sure if it's supposed to slide in the opening a certain way or what.... Feeling very foolish right now.....

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also note.. I see two tabs at the top where the bezel screws into and I assume the notches on the top of the clock unit would line up there, but I can see little plastic slots on the side, but don't know what goes there....

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
There are two special studs that clip to plastic "blades" that are molded into the housing. These parts are not being repopped, but there are similar pieces that have female threads. These are not repopped, either, but are more readily available. With these, you would use a machine screw, instead of a nut to hold the ears of the clock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.