Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car originally came with a 4-speed and console. Since it was drag raced for about 20 years, most of the wiring was hacked up. I have since installed an automatic on the floor. I have been looking at Rick's and Classic for the harness needed and it gets me confused. Most of them are with gauges on the console. I don't have gauges. If I buy that one anyway will the nuetral switch, back up lights, and console lights then work? I don't need a underdash harness, do I? As always, Thanks to all who find the time to reply!!!

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
If your car was a non-gauge console, then that means that the under dash harness is set up for warning lights only. Since you do not have or plan on installing gauges in the future, go with the console harness without gauges. In the event that you want to run gauges in the future, then you can always install some aftermarket gauges with seperate hook ups.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
the non-guage console harness is in this list. look hard.

Is the console connector from the underdash harness there and in one peice?
Are the 2 big purple wires and the pink one and the green one there?
An original 4 speed dash harness will not have those wires.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't even no if the console harness plug is under the dash. To be honest, don't even know where to look. I'll check it out. If it is there, then the console harness just plugs in... if not, do I splice the underdash harness for the console harness? PLEASE bear with me. Thanks!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts