Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my extension to stay on the base of the air cleaner and the flange to sit and seat ob the extension but now my hood wont close and I don't want to force it...What could it be? When it starts to get hard to shut I can't see up under there to see what it might be hitting on....This is on a 69 z/28 with a cowl hood.....Does it really take the extension?

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
If you have not added a spacer to the factory carb and intake and you have the right ring it should fit. If you have a new seal and it is on right side on it might be tight. I would pull the seal and see if the hood closes. If it does then stick a few chunks of play-doh on the ring the same height of the seal and shut. This will tell you.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
If the seal is new then you will get more than average resistance and a bump -pop-open when unlatched and that is expected. Even older ones if done right seal to the hood and cause some resistance to close and pop as you open.

Don't be surprised if your seal is mounted reversed, its a common mistake. Post a few pics if your concerned yours is wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts