Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now that the rims and bumpers are paid for, I'm looking at all the other fun go fast stuff I can buy for my car. I was looking at an ignition box, pulleys, electric fan and water pump, and maybe some suspension stuff like traction bars and subframe connectors. what kind of pulley set would I get if i didn't have a water pump, and what is the best electric pump for around 200 out there? are all of these wise investments? I pretty much decided to wait till feb to do the heads, I don't want to be running around on wet streets with that many new horses, when I have a hard time keeping the tires hooked as it is. Opinions?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's a 67 camaro with 350. already has cam and some other stuff.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would suggest investing in some type of traction device. MY 67 doesn't hook very well either. Traction bars helped but, were not enough. What good is all the power if you just spin....

·
Registered
278 Posts
competition engineering slide-a-link traction bars. and 10.5x30 slicks...all ur traction problems will disapear.

------------------
The pike.net

[This message has been edited by jvolk81 (edited 11-20-2001).]

·
Registered
207 Posts
i dont like the idea of running a electronic pump on the street i like slide a links they are easy to adjust and work good

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
Don't waste your money on a $300.00 electric water pump - useless on a street-driven car; even the best (Meziere) only flow 35 gallons per hour, and your stock pump flows 55-60. Electric pumps are fine on trailered race cars, but that's about it; their marketing hype is great, but why anyone would spend $300 to create a cooling problem escapes me.

------------------
JohnZ
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good, I get to cancel the water pump off my list (sounded kinda steep anyway). am I on track with everything else? slide-a-link sound good but are they worth the money over other traction bars? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
consider SSM lift bars, less then 1/2 the price of slide a link! i hear they work great.
if you dont already have subframe connectors, buy em!

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
i'm putting in a ladder bar setup with coil-over shocks and a wishbone locator, i dont want to have any traction problems, after all its the 1st 60' thats the most fun! i'm building up my suspension to work right for me while i'm building my 355.
if your rear suspension is in need of a rebuild and your good with a welder then you could consider putting in ladderbars.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
get the subframe connectors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts