Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quaker Drag Strip north of Salem Oh went on the auction block Saturday with no buyers. They had set a reserve of one million and according to the paper got one offer of 1.1 million which was refused. There were supose to be three local business men interested but evidently not enought.
The present owner wanted to sell the whole parcel so it could remand a drag strip. The paper says it's closed and there will be another auction to sell it off in parcels and then become an industrial park.
We could defintely use a industrial park for the jobs that it would create but let put it somewhere else.
I live 6 miles from the strip and can sit on my porch and listen to them run. Been going there since 1959.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went by there this afternoon and the there is a canvas sign still tied to the chain link fence avertising the nationals being there for 2007. But I suppose that's could change.
This is real disappointing , I guess I had it good for to long and didn't appreciate it. I live 6 miles from the strip and 5 miles from Canfield Fair grounds. Oh well, at least I still have three close swap meets.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes
Chilli's is what's happening on Saturday night. Been going three years now .
Your sure right about winter, bout had it. About this time of year I start to show withdrawal systems. The known cure is to go to a swap meet.
I was just looking for the post card DAVE and ED sent me aout the swap meet in Canton in April.
It is not much of a show, never did too well there. But there will be crazy people there with greasy,rusty car parts and I know it will cure my problems.

·
Registered
930 Posts
actually, the performance swap meet in canton is this weekend, march 3-4. i went a couple of times, usually end up buying nothing, to much racing car stuff. so im not going this weekend. did get a deal on some fender extensions one time i was down there. give me a hollar when youll be at chilies.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Quaker Drag Strip north of Salem Oh went on the auction block Saturday with no buyers. They had set a reserve of one million and according to the paper got one offer of 1.1 million which was refused.
if there was a reserve of 1 million set, why would an offer of 1.1 million be refused? Doesn't make sense to me.... am I reading something wrong?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't know , that's what I read in the Salem News. Maybe the paper got it wrong. I didn't go to the auction , the million dollars I had saved, I had to spend at the gas pumps.

·
Registered
72 Posts
the owner stated on the news last night that the Steel Valley Nationals will still be there. It seems there are a few others on here from the Youngstown Ohio area, we should get together one night at Chilis.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
They(Bremerton Raceway in Washington State) will be loosing there N H R A sanction as N H R A wants permanent barriers and being a air field that can't happen so they mite close at worse, or go wildcat but also insurance could play a major roll in it all ,hope it all works out as have spent plenty of time over 25 yrs there…Happy Motoring

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That sounds great, getting together at Chilli's. Have you seen a schedule for cruises yet for this year? When is the first one?
I promised I would drive the Camaro in the local Memorial Day Parade this year,I tried before but the weather was always go crappy, I didn't want to take it out of the carbag.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts