Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I can envision someone buying a repo body and putting together a numbers matching vert with those parts. Complete with matching hidden VIN's.:(

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
124679n511543

Nor 119825
711 72 B
09d

Engine: matching VIN, V0912FL

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here's the deal. It sucks to think that someone will more than likely take advantage of this situation, and therefore, take advantage of someone else financially.

However, it is cool to know that you essentially can rebuild a car if you had too. And to be honest, if I were going to build a 69 hugger orange camaro from nothing, I would entertain the idea of buying those parts. ( Maybe exept the heater core stamping, that's kind of pointless)

I think it's all in how you look at it. I even feel this way after I thought I bought a numbers matching car only to realize later the tranny was off by a couple of digits.

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
However, it is cool to know that you essentially can rebuild a car if you had too. And to be honest, if I were going to build a 69 hugger orange camaro from nothing, I would entertain the idea of buying those parts. ( Maybe exept the heater core stamping, that's kind of pointless)
Seems to be contradictary.

Obviously there is no problem with saving and rebuilding a car, but shouldnt you actually start with a car (or something with some semblance of one) in the first place?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Mud, I could be mistaken, but it looks like thats a way to skirt the rules and "legally" sell VIN tags...by selling it as a regular vehicle, a vehicle missing a few parts but a vehicle nonetheless lol. Im not sure if its legal, and Im not even gonna comment on the ethical aspect of it, but since it has the title and all, Im assuming that theyve learned how to bypass the illegal aspect of it :confused:

·
Registered
860 Posts
It should be removed soon, as i just reported it and sure some of the other guys have too,, Frank

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I even feel this way after I thought I bought a numbers matching car only to realize later the tranny was off by a couple of digits.
It probably is a matching numbers car. It was not unheard of for the tranny to be off by a couple of numbers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts