1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Yea, and you cant even keep track of who,s bidding. This S*** is getting old in a hurry. If Ebay is gonna allow tags to be sold they should also make it a requirement to show the complete tag. JMO. This tag would probably be recognizable if it surfaces later on a car because of the split on the rivet hole, together with the other visable info and parculiarties.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
[email protected] This site used to be so much fun. I just read the 'x66' thread. Now this?
...wow. I am agast.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
It really doesn't matter if he hides the number or not since the chances of mating an actual 07A VIN to this particular tag is slim. Fisher made around 1000 cars that week so the chances are very low that this tag will get attached to a real 07A built car. Plus, of that 1000 or so cars, how many are left? We're talking VERY small numbers here.

But, the CRG takes the info down anyway and I can tell you, even if it DOES show up on a 07A VIN car, it will come up as suspect. Body Numbers and VIN's have certain patterns and incorrect tags with wrong VIN's show up immediately.

Ed

·
Premium Member
8,358 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[email protected] This site used to be so much fun. I just read the 'x66' thread. Now this?
...wow. I am agast.
Still is fun. You can't worry about all the bad stuff too much. Just be glad the true hobbyists are getting educated.

Brad (the X66 tag guy?) really has no reason to be here. Pretty hard to be on both sides of this issue at one time.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
youre right Gary. It is fun. But Im tired of guys trying to 'play' with our hobby. thats all. I bought a car sight unseen. Didnt care it wasnt something special from the factory. it was what I wanted and suits my humble pocket book. I will in the future tho, grab an original 68 Z or a real 68 rs/ss bbc/4spd car. Dont much care for the vent windows. I like to be able to see my mirror w/o a window in the way...:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
youre right Gary. It is fun. But Im tired of guys trying to 'play' with our hobby. thats all. I bought a car sight unseen. Didnt care it wasnt something special from the factory. it was what I wanted and suits my humble pocket book. I will in the future tho, grab an original 68 Z or a real 68 rs/ss bbc/4spd car. Dont much care for the vent windows. I like to be able to see my mirror w/o a window in the way...:D
I like the window vents, that's what sets it apart....(Of course I am partial!!):thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
Covering the BDY number isnt new, and I would expect it to become more common.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
ok i have a stupid question...

i know its illegal for vin tags......
but is it illegal to buy or sell trim tags?

·
Premium Member
10,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok i have a stupid question...

i know its illegal for vin tags......
but is it illegal to buy or sell trim tags?
Just unethical, until fraud is commited and someone sues.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
youre right Gary. It is fun. But Im tired of guys trying to 'play' with our hobby. thats all.

They are not "playing" it's all about the money.

·
Premium Member
2,876 Posts
hard to tell in the picture but looks like a saganaw trans shown in the parts picture of the ebay red RS so called real Z/28

1 - 20 of 20 Posts