Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 Camaro with 4 wheel disc brakes. I am in middle of plumbing the brake lines. I am using Trans Am rotors and 80-85 Cadillac Seville calipers on the rear. I don't have any of the ebrake cables and plan on buying a kit from Classic. Am I correct in assuming the rear cables in the kit will not work for the disc brake calipers and does anyone know where I can find rear ebake cables for this?

These calipers require ebrake adjustment before bleeding the system, so I can't get my brakes working until I get the ebrake hooked up and adjusted. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
You most likely will have to have custom cables made.
You can adjust the caliper, by removing the e brake lever. and turning the screw, the trick is getting the lever to go back on with it adjusted so there is just a tiny amount of clearence between the pad and rotor. My experience is the pedal will be low when using those calipers. Getting the adjustment right is the key for a good pedal.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
This is what I did from a previous post

Originally Posted by scblucam
Jegs has the Lokar Ebrake cable clevis kit for Wilwood. Mine are Caddy brakes and take the stock ball end. The cable to the front that I used is 625-EC-80FUTB. There is a picture in their online catalog. You can find an eye that will thread onto the end of the stock front cable and attach to the clevis. After mocking up the front cable, and clevis you see where to mount the bracket that accepts the two rear cables. Mount to the bottom of the floorboards or to the side of subframe connectors if you have them.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. I'll get the kit ordered and check into the Lokar stuff.

scblucam, do you have any pics of the cables installed? I don't have sub frame connectors and really don't want to drill into the floor boards if I don't have to.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I would find out who supplies the lines for the conversion kits. I installed a conversion kit for the rear that used the caddy calipers, though I ended up taking them off before using them the cables they had fit right into the caliper and the stock mounting flange off the rear sub frame no problem.

Or you could check around at places like inlinetube.com, rightstuffdetailing, touring classics, etc. to find you the right cable.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would find out who supplies the lines for the conversion kits. I installed a conversion kit for the rear that used the caddy calipers, though I ended up taking them off before using them the cables they had fit right into the caliper and the stock mounting flange off the rear sub frame no problem.

Or you could check around at places like inlinetube.com, rightstuffdetailing, touring classics, etc. to find you the right cable.
That's what I want to do. Use the stock mounting flanges off the the rear sub frame. I guess I'll be getting in contact with the suppliers you mention to have cables made or ordered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts