Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just got finished putting power brakes on my 67 RS. No problems there. Up till the PB install, my lights had only worked on Hi beam. (Little red ligth on the dash between the spedo and tach had to stay on for lights to work). So, when i got done with the PB install, and took it out to road test it..PRESTO...no headlights. NONE. neither hi nor low beam worked. The hideaways still open and close, but nil on lights. I suspect it might be the dimmer switch, but was wondering if anyone else had a suggestion.
Thanks,
James

·
Super Moderator
32,533 Posts
Easy enough to changeout, and probably the original too.

Check its connector for 12 volt supply and 12 volts going out. Check fuse. Check bulbs.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Check Ground from battery negative to passenger fender near fender support. If missing, replace with good solid 8-10 gauge connection.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys. I checked the ground as Brian mentiond..no problems there. Im begining to further suspect the dimmer, and it will be replaced this evening. I also have my doubt on the headlight switch itself. If the dimmer doesnt solve the problem, thats the next thing to be replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts