1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
NOR 363781

Not sure if its just the pic, but it looks a bit peculiar to me.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought it looked peculiar to me, too, but I'm not confident enough about tags to say one way or the other. Same guy has another tag listed that looks allot more original. I believe it's an X11. :mad:

·
Premium Member
6,613 Posts
Tag is real.

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
Why would anyone waste their time and money buying an X44 tag? I mean if they have a Norwood built Camaro that is not an RS, SS or Z28, which was made from mid December of 1968 or later, it is bound to be an X44 anyway.

I hope the idiot who buys that tag takes off and throws away an X22 D80 tag and makes his high dollar COPO clone. That COPO clone which will be worth far less than a real X22D80 in good condition. I mean come on, people buying X44 tags? Give me a break!! Don't get me wrong I love X44's too...I just wouldn't buy an X44 tag.

Some low life scammer will buy it and put the tag on a 10D 124379N5XXXXX car and call it a real matching numbers LE/SE one of a kind car owned & driven by Speed Racer and his older brother Racer X's personal COPO supertuned by Chim Chim & Spritel.

I hate scammers!!

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seems allot of people don't know what the X codes stands for. There are people out there that think X44 denotes a COPO, just as some people think all X11s are SS cars. Hopefully these tags make it into the database so we have reference of it down the road.

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
I agree the tag needs to be logged. But according to camaros.org http://www.camaros.org/numbers.shtml#XnnCodes X44 = non SS, non Z28 and I have yet to see a Rally Sport with ax X44 code. That's pretty much what I said above.

Like I said I can't wait until some moron scammer puts an X44 tag on a car with an early production VIN which I have seen before. Then the scammer tries to pass it off as one of a kind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts