Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, my name is Diel. Up to about 2 weeks ago I was a motorcycle rider, building my own motors and doing complete rebuilds. Tired of the bikes, I sold my 09 R1 with low mileage and lots of work for a good price and I am now looking for something else. I really want to find a 69 Camaro and put a good engine in it, maybe pass it down to my son when he grows up. I have worked all over the world in motorcycle race teams that ran in BSB and World Superbike, so hopefully working on a 350 won't be much different.

I am waiting on a "free" engine from my brother, out of a '90 GM Vandura 3500. I am hoping this will fit the Camaro, but I don't know enough about it at the moment to know for sure. He said it's fuel injected but not sure about that either. Seems the 350 can be used for pretty much anything.

I've noticed how cheap most of the parts for these engines are, so I am looking forward to adding some power to the stock engine. Cams usually run in the $1500-$3000 for motorcycles, you can't just buy heads, exhaust systems are Titanium and run around $3k for the 09 R1 I had. Piston kits are usually in the $2500 range for 4 pistons and rings.

Glad to be here and can't wait to use the huge resources you guys have put together here.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Welcome to Team Camaro,there is a guy around me with a 68 for $9500 if you are near me....
Dave......don't poison his mind by tryin' to get him to buy a '68.....He's really set on buyin' a '69......J/K Dave:D

Welcome to Team Camaro Diel. Glad you have been "converted" from 2 wheels to 4. Best of luck in your quest for a Camaro regardless of what year you choose :beers:.

David F.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Welcome to Team Camaro ! Check the local classifieds including Craigslist and eBay just be careful not to pay too much for a false documented car. If you want something fun to drive, modify, and such look for a car that is non-number matching and not a rare combination of options. That's what I did and I'm happy that I can cut, weld, and modify anything I want without feeling like I'm destroying a piece of automotive history.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts