Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The snow is still here in the Northeast so I can't drive her outside to get any good pictures yet. It's starting to thaw and it's mud city outside the garage. I have it up on the lift with the tires off, I installed the wheelwell moldings. My wife came in to work on the set covers and saw the tires off on the floor and made the comment that they looked pretty bad. I see my opening so I jump, "well the back two are OK but you know that the front two are too big and they rub." They are some off brand that I have never heard of before called Vipers. So she says, "You have a birthday on April 9th how about 2 new front tires." Then the best part, HER birthday is april 13, so she says "and 2 back ones for mine." Four new tires. Now the bad part I can't find anyone who has the rear ones. I ordered B.F. Goodrich T/A radials 225/60 15 inch for the front and I want 255/60 15 inch for the back. And NOBODY i called has them, tire rack, coker, lester, everyone I could find on the internet, all the local guys, Nada Zip. They all say at least 4 to 6 week wait. That the tire makers are fazing out 15 inch tires? Sounds stupid to me. Anybody out there sell tires! I wanna NOW! Geesh I sound like a 6 year old.:pout:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
32,771 Posts
So she says, "You have a birthday on April 9th how about 2 new front tires." Then the best part, HER birthday is april 13, so she says "and 2 back ones for mine."
How cool is that? You've trained her well.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
856 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I ordered them from Summit, I tried discount direct, yesterday and they told me 4 to 6 weeks. I liked the no shipping fee part, BUT........ not the 4 to 6 weeks part.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Nice car Harold!

The snow will not leave here will it :( We had a tease a week ago but the snow cold said..take that ! Too much salt and sand to drive or even take the car out. Its going to be a hard next few weeks if we get a rain storm every other day. If we made it this far ..we can wait another 4 weeks can't we :)

Kev

·
Registered
4,889 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AH ha, :yes: I did too get a trunk lock I just haven't put it in yet! also got the front bumper! Put that on today. ALso the wife got the back seat covers on today, they look awesome. Just waiting for one more seat belt then will put it in. Tomorrow she's gonna put the new foam and covers on the drivers seat then all's I need is some good weather!(and two rear tires) This muds gotta go!

·
Registered
355 Posts
cooper cobra GT Radials....are very good tires...thats what I have on my 71...i think they do better then BFgoodrich Radials....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts