Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hurray:Hey,New to site, hope to get some info on a 96 z28. Theft deterrent system has been turned off. I'm guessing it's because the remote transmitter won't unlock the doors, it wil lock the doors and activate anti-theft when turned on. Lock acuator will lock and unlock the doors from inside but will not unlock with anti-theft on. Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
Sounds like the sysytem has been re coded set acidently
If u open the box, inside u will find a 4 digit #
With this number and a hand book that applies to the system u can then reset the sytem
eg what turns on when
delays
and if you manage to fdind a guy who knows these systems u can set other stuff that is not in the manual.
It id done by pressing buttons then turning ign switch on and off relating to the 4 digit #

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What box? Where do I find it? Does this make sense to anyone else? Where would I take it to be fixed besides the Dealership? I'm in the Phoenix area.

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
Had a similar issue not long ago with the factory setup in the wifes toyota...I had 3 goes over several days tryingt to find it cause they are tucked way up under a trim somewhere
and unlike units added later you cant just follow wires cause they are in the looms.
I didnt actually find it, the Son in law dropped in, took a couple trim panels off, un clipped ot, unscrewed to cover and there was the code inside.

I also beleive the code can be accessed with one of those plugin computer analyser things

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, Iv'e got the factory service manuals for that car and been through everything that deals with the alarm and remote transmitter . It shows how to customize the system and turn it on and off. Also I went through the BCM diagnostics and found no problems?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Caminoman: I have a 97 Z28 and they should be pretty close. Do you know what modes your remote keyless and alarm are set too? The remote keyless entry comes factory set in mode 5 and the anti-theft comes with a factory setting of mode 3 for my year Z.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Caminoman: I have a 97 Z28 and they should be pretty close. Do you know what modes your remote keyless and alarm are set too? The remote keyless entry comes factory set in mode 5 and the anti-theft comes with a factory setting of mode 3 for my year Z.
1 is system off 2 is transmitter arms 3 is transmitter and lock switch arms 4 is passive (automatic). It was off when I bought the car. I'm not sure the problem is with the theft deterrent. The remote transmitter will not unlock the doors, it will lock them but not unlock. I assume the theft deterrent was turned off because you can't in the car without it going off. I've turned it back off until I can figure it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts