Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any real difference in CE's solid aluminum body mounts vs GlobalWest's Interloc bushings (other than GW being twice the price). From what I've been reading I was planning to buy GW's weld-on SF connectors for convertibles but now I'm reading some y'all using CE's connectors from Jegs for about 40% the price of GW.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
i think the GW mounts are two piece somehow. Don't know exactly though. I like my CE bushings just fine.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I have the CE's and they are fine. You reuse the original upper rubber mount as the lower mount with the CE's. Then the aluminum mount is used on top. This is a potential problem if you are replacing old rotted out mounts because you would still need good rubber mounts to put on the bottom.

I know nothing about the GW's.

------------------
68 Camaro, 383 small block with TH350 trans. 11.98's at 111mph and never trailered.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I did not reuse any of the rubber and didn't put any rubber on the underside. It has been working ok for me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hey Winch,
When you order the connectors, GW will give you the solid interlocking bushings for the rear of the subframe. i used the solid ones at the rear and regular poly bushings for the other locations. i talked to Doug at GW and he said that it would be fine that way. So if you're going to get the connectors, you'll at least have the solid bushings where they count.
Tybor

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
wouldn't using the stock rubber bushing on the opposite side as the solid one defeat the purpose of using them in the first place? worse yet, i would think it might cause the bolt to work loose and fall out.
i was just gonna use shorter bolts when i put my new subframe on, with washers opposite my CE solid bushings. maybe a little bit of blue loctite, just for extra safety.

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16X8" IROC wheels. 12" Corvette brakes on the way.
see pics here http://community.webshots.com/user/novaderrik

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I followed the directions from CE. I figure they know what they are talking about since they designed the mounts. They won't work loose and it doesn't defeat the purpose - remember that the uppers bear all the weight - unless you're playing Dukes of Hazzard or something. The uppers (now lowers) also have the steel insert so they don't really compress much anyway - especially if you are bolting them tight up against a block of aluminum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts