Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering purchasing a short block 6.0 Vortec and looking at this compzny - Mabbco Motors.

Thier 6.0 Vortec seems like a good base to build off. Anybody have any experiences with this company? Thanks in advance.

http://www.mabbcomotors.com/index.htm

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts
I'm considering purchasing a short block 6.0 Vortec and looking at this compzny - Mabbco Motors.

Thier 6.0 Vortec seems like a good base to build off. Anybody have any experiences with this company? Thanks in advance.

http://www.mabbcomotors.com/index.htm
I looked at them when researching a 350 long block (before going the LS route). I think I found them on eBay originally. I found both positive and negative reviews for them, but nothing outstanding.

In the end, I went with an LS dropout from a place that specializes in them near me.

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I got an LS pullout as well. I can't get Mabbco's website to pull up, but unless you're planning on going really extreme with your build, a junkyard/pullout motor will be fine.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!

I'm just starting budget research.
1st build so pretty green on the details still. Starting with a solid shortblock however sounds like a good place to start but I agree I need to keep looking.

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts
Thanks guys!

I'm just starting budget research.
1st build so pretty green on the details still. Starting with a solid shortblock however sounds like a good place to start but I agree I need to keep looking.
I will say that I should have just bought a short block, regardless of whether it was new or a junkyard engine. I ended up stripping down to a short block, swapping cam, heads, intake, replaced all sensors, new wiring harness, new alt, new starter, new PS pump, new water pump...

My advice is figure out what you want before you pull the trigger on anything. Oh, and double your budget. :cool:

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Hello guys. I live about 45 mins from mabbco engines in Tyler tx. I have some personal exp. with them I have pick up and installed several of there engines from v6 to v8, about 6 engines I think. No problems with any of them. I have toured there shop and they do good work. You can even upgrade parts i your engine, pistons, crank etc. my friend just had a reverse rotation ford 351 engine from them rebuilt and he installed it and been on the lake now for a few months with mo problems. I and several people I know have all had great experiences with them. I haven't heard anything bad and there engines are sold at the local part stores also. I wouldn't hesitate to use them for a short or long block.

Sedric

1 - 9 of 9 Posts