Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys used the Holly high volume mechanical pumps??.. I am getting ready to call jegs and grab a few parts. I have a 427, nothin' fancy, just a mid range engine, oval port, RMP intake, small dual feed holly carb, probably 425 HP... I don't expect it to suck the HV mech. pump dry??... Should be fine yes??... Thanks!!..

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
i used one on my camaro but it took me sending it back 3 different times to summit. i guess i jsut got a bad apple. the first one they sent me wasnt the one i ordered the second one was but it was the kind you could rotate any way you wanted and have the fittings wehre you like, the problem was the the base was supposed to have liek 15 screws and it only had 4 so after driving it for a few days it started to leak. by the time i got it home and it killed on me half a dozen times, i saw the leak, luckily it wasnt summer or that could have been bad, they sen tme a new one and this one workes great.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, that is good info!!...

·
Registered
65 Posts
lance is right holly fuel pumps-after 3 with short life spans replace with a carter
no more problems feeds 450 hp no problem!

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I had one and it started making a clatter. Removed it and bought a stock ACDELCO 40987 for my 383 and have had no noise ever since. Its able to pump plenty of fuel for my engine, no need for the overpriced Holley.
Total Cost $17.94 at Rockauto

·
Registered
2,614 Posts

·
Premium Member
797 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
I replaced the stock delco pump on my 350 with a holley 130gph pump. Added a regulator and it works fine. I asked for 110 gph pump since I have mild 350, but I got the 130 gph pump for christmas two years ago. Nice pump and being able to move the fitting locations is great

1 - 15 of 15 Posts