Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I’m writing a business proposal for a classic/muscle car dealership for one of my business classes and need some input.

I’m on the market and competition portion and was trying to find some more information. I basically have a general idea of what to put, but the more input, the better.

What can you guys add to the following topics?

Target Market (who are the customers?)
Market size and trends?
Industry analysis?
Competition?

Thanks alot, I appreciate the help!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Target Market
The normal market is 16-60.

Market size and trends

There is a large market for there cars and the trend has consistantly gone up the past 10 years even with the gas prices.

Industry analysis

Based upon review of many collector/classic/muscle car sites, this indrustry is going to continue on the upward swing .

Competition

There is great competition out there however a combination of good service, parts inventory and local access is going to push one to the positive side of the industry.

Kev (Hey its early:) )

·
Super Moderator
33,598 Posts
I agree with Kevin, I'm adding my opinion, doesn't mean its finger pointing to anyone or any business here. Its a way of life.

Target Market: Specific market. Those having disposible income. Boomers, investors, and parents of the 16-25 age group, once again, Boomers, er, the Grandparents.

Market size: Half the population of the USA & Canada and some international buyers.

Industry Analysis: Industry will continue to grow, until the Boomers die. The market will plunge. Just my opinion. Gen-X-er's & Y-er's won't know what to do with a carb/4-spd/V8 power. By then, US Gov't will probably outlaw internal combustion engine.

Competition: It would be a hard sell between pricing and customer service. People cross the street for a $1. And then complain the panel doesn't fit and there goes Word-of-Mouth advertising with a bad taste. Product/Service/Business falls back to "You get what you pay for." As for Customer Service, goes back to Old School, I don't need to press "1" for English and, most important, have a live voice on the phone. But then, after the Boomers die, who knows?

Just make your business network can text message to the cell phones out there.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much for the help, it's really beneficial.

What do you guys thinnk the size of the market is?

Used cars sales were 375 billion, do you think 10% of that is fair for the classic/muscle car market?

Potential annual growth?

Any place I can find statistics on this?

Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.