Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to see how many people buy "purified water" from stores, machines, etc., or just say the heck with it, and drink straight outta the tap. I remember something about boiling tap water then it's ok to drink, but, my question is, after it boils and cools down, what do you do with the stuff floating around in the water??? .....lol as sick as it may sound, I just finished boiling some water a lil while ago while I was washing the dishes, after it was pretty cool, I took the lid off and see little things floating around...so I said that heck with that and filled my lil bottle up with regular tap water.

·
Registered
574 Posts
We run it through one of those Britta or Pure filter pitchers and keep it in the fridge. I don't know how clean it makes it but if tastes good and is cold! I have heard the water here isn't that great and may contain some natually occuring arsenic! Don't know if the filter keeps that out or not. We take bottled water when we go on trips -mostly for convenience.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Originally posted by ummgawa:
The tap water in my town was tested and found to be "The Best in my area". So I drink it.
Ditto...
BTW, I live on the outside of the city and water is pulled with a submerged pump from a hole in the ground, then they add some chemicals, like chlorine.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Live in Los Angeles... Tap is great!

My sweetie and my daughters insist on spending the big bucks for the bottle water though....

LONG LIVE TAP WATER!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Originally posted by 68 421:
Just curious to see how many people buy "purified water" from stores, machines, etc., or just say the heck with it, and drink straight outta the tap. I remember something about boiling tap water then it's ok to drink, but, my question is, after it boils and cools down, what do you do with the stuff floating around in the water??? .....lol as sick as it may sound, I just finished boiling some water a lil while ago while I was washing the dishes, after it was pretty cool, I took the lid off and see little things floating around...so I said that heck with that and filled my lil bottle up with regular tap water.
What's up with that?!??!?!......you stole my post from TC!?!?!?!? :mad:

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
We don't drink tap water here, unless it's filtered and purified...no way....it tastes terrible.

There was a time when we could...after all as Coors says "Brewed from pure Rocky Mountain spring water"...Lol.....I've seen the river they get it from.....it has to go through many filtering processes.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
all about the tap water...

Up in Minnesota at my grandparents' place we drink tap water too... it is well water and has a very high iron content... kind of strange drinking brown tap water! :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Drink it every day, right from the tap

don't drink the water, fish make doodoo in it

·
Registered
538 Posts
Safe to say that I don't drink the tap water down here ;) Ever heard of Monteczuma's revenge? Although, I do drink the tap water when back in good 'ole Ohio

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
I drink filtered out of the fridge door... I don't have a problem with tap, and the water here is o.k. (they say) I just happen to like it more cold from the fridge.

Dano

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Used to when I lived in Buffalo, NY. Now in Phoenix no way. Water is so hard here you could put it in a box and ship it somewhere.

·
Premium Member
5,326 Posts
Originally posted by jackr:
Water is so hard here you could put it in a box and ship it somewhere.
LOL!! That was too funny!
Drink from the tap here ...Hetch Hetchy dam in Yosemite...
Good Stuff...

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Only when the beer supply is out!

joe

·
Registered
436 Posts
We depend on Detroit to "clean" our drinking water .......If you Have been in/around Detroit you will know why I "buy" water by truck load

·
Retired
16,044 Posts
The city near me has wonderful tap water from deep wells, no iron, a tad hard but softner works, it tastes great. A little chlorine and flouride to meet state code.
BUT I drink my own well water, 65' deep well with a touch of iron, some hardness but no chemicals and tastes awesome out of the tap. And very cold, around 50 degrees year around.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts