Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is John and I have a 69 rsss with a502 big block. I was thinking of changing up the 400 th to the 6speed Tremec . Anyone used it or have any feedback . I have the 373 gears in the 12 bolt and really screams on the highway when I head out to a car show.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have done a 5 speed tremec swop. It isn't bad but it takes quite a few parts. Pedals, clutch slave. bell housing,transmission mount, drive shaft speedometer is plug in but back up lights will need changing. Be sure to get the correct spline measurements and this will also not match your current drive shaft. The 6 speed is basically a dual overdrive so you will need to look at the tremec ratio's. The 373 is probably not going to be ideal. My 411 is just right with a 450 hp small block it is great ratio for highway.

·
Registered
8,349 Posts

·
14,295 Posts
Pop in a TKO600. The 3.73s will be very good combo. Total swap start to finish runs about $5K

·
Registered
84 Posts
The TKO 600 and 3.73 gears are a great combo. That's what I have in my Camaro with a big block. It's a blast to plow through the first four gears and then drop it into fifth and cruise. I cruise at 70 mph at about 2100 rpm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts