Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am getting ready to install an entire interior to a 68, it's down to the metal dash and floor pans. Anyone ever fiqure out a good order to put everything back in so you don't wind up with fighting to get the parts in. example would be I think you can't get the glove box in with the heater core box installed, and the kick panels are a pain but a lot easier without the heater box also. If anyone has a assembly good path it would be great to hear.

Thanks
Ray

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
I am in the same place as you, except I have installed my heater core box but not my glove box.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
the glove box can be last, it'll pop right in from the front if you squeeze it top to bottom a bit.

Lets see...

insulation...firewall and floor
heater
harness
carpet
kick panels
lights, wiper, & ignition switches & lighter
dash pad
Astro vents
e-brake
heater controls
radio
speedo cluster
column
dash trim
glove box liner
glove box door
rear side panels
seats
door panels

what did i miss?
order ok?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Headliner?, defroster, A/C or vent ducts, carpet guard under pedals, rocker panel wire gutters thingies, carpet underlayment, package tray and corners, rocker scuff plates, pinch welt, pillar post moldings, Now where did those holes go for the seats and seat belts… how the heck can you lose a hole….

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am putting everyones lists together as I get them and post the finished order after a while of tweaking the order of install, At what point would you do the headliner, first? last? doesn't matter. Would you put the carpet and under layment in first before all the dash and firewall stuff ( heater box, ducts etc)?

Thanks
Ray

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is the order I have right now, anyone feel free to modify and post

Sound Deader ( if doing that)
Carpet Underlayment
Carpet
lights, wiper, & ignition switches & lighter
Kick Panels
Glove box liner
Heater box
Astro vents
Dash speaker
Defrost duct
Lower Heater duct
heater controls
Radio
e-brake
dash trim
speedo cluster
Glove box door
Dash Pad
carpet guard under pedals
Center Console
Headliner
Sail Panels
Shoulder seat belts and hardware
Headliner Molding
Trunk divider board
rear side panels
rear side panels moldings
Rear seat belts
Rear seat
pillar post moldings
Front seat belts
Front seats
rocker scuff plates

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I would do it in this order:

Headliner w/trim & sail panels
Dashpad
Pillar post molding
Kick panels
Firewall insulation (if needed)
Defrost duct
Dash speaker
Wiring harness
Heater box
Heater control
Switches & lighter
Astro vents
Radio
E-brake
Guage cluster
Glove box & door
Center dash woodgrain panel
Ash tray

This pretty much takes care of the dash and roof. The rest should be fairly obvious. Basicly, you want to start with the stuff that is the furthest away, and work towards you (kind of like painting the inside of a box).
And don't forget the rear package tray. Do that before the divider board and rear seat.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
See Jim,

If you had followed my list, you would have had a headliner. Even though you have a convertable. You must follow the list
:eek:

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
By the way Jim,

Love the color of your car, That's the color I was looking for but wound up with a Rallye Green
that had everything else I liked, the paint was too nice to redo so getting used to it. Love the wheels too,Are those Torque Thrust wheels?

Ray

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Thanks a bunch, ray, appreciate the comments. The wheels are Cragar SS, no TT's for me! 16x7 in front, 17x8 in back, w/ Goodyear eagle F1 tires. Car's currently stripped to a thousand little peices, will emerge in the spring with a fresh back to original Leman blue paint w/ white SS stripes.

·
Retired
16,044 Posts
And visit all the photos you can find on the site here. Pics are worth a thousand words. I have tons more interior pics too if you need close ups on a 69interior area.
some interior pics

1 - 13 of 13 Posts