Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just moved to another server, ran into problems tonight and said 'enough'.

not sure how long the move will take.

al

·
Administrator
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeff, knew we could count on you

The other server crashed again and the techs were a pain so we made an emergency warp move.

·
3,176 Posts
Know all to well the Crash aspect, we had the cray at one of the Work Sites (GOV) crash for 7 mins and it cost the good old GOV $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ since is rents out their use during the night time.

------------------
Jeff 67/68 & 69 RS's
65 442 www.hobbystage.net/camaro/hawaiiancamaro

X

·
0 Posts
I'm got you here too

------------------
Tony
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>1979 Z-28, 350- Edelbrock Performer RPM Package- TH350
<LI>2000 Gmc Sonoma - 5-speed 4.10 rear
[/list]

·
3,176 Posts
Al, went to each tech page and opened up 3 on each with no problem. Then went to about 30 other links directly relating to Team Camaro Pages, IE for sale/want ads/Contact Us/Ground Up Restorations site and others and also had no negitive results

I will say be prepared for people to ask what happened to a post or replies from earlier on in the day since I found one that i replied to never posted and had to reply again. No doubt the swith over.

------------------
Jeff 67/68 & 69 RS's
65 442 www.hobbystage.net/camaro/hawaiiancamaro

[This message has been edited by HawaiianCamaro (edited 02-19-2002).]

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
everything seems o.k. so far. i had to take a roundabout way to get here from my "favorites", but im here now, and its all good!

·
19,842 Posts
Maryland 8amEST, got in through front page (tech). web address didn't work, keeps coming up moving server...been tring since 5am off and on.

------------------
My '68 Camaro
Doug G.
68 Camaro
406 ci.
[email protected] W/ 2.73POSI.

[This message has been edited by DOUG G (edited 02-19-2002).]

[This message has been edited by DOUG G (edited 02-19-2002).]

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I haven't had any real problems but have noticed two things.

The little folders aren't pink when I stop by, so I can't tell which topics have new posts.

Also, I posted a reply last night to a topic about solid versus poly bushings in a Nova (at least I think that was the topic). When it sent me back to the topic thread, the first post on that topic (where the topic opener posts) said the username was "A" an "unregistered user." Below that was the guy whose question I was responding to. Then, when I clicked to go back to that forum, the topic had disappeared entirely. I couldn't find it anywhere.

Not complaining, just strange.

You do a great job Al.

·
Administrator
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had to take the files that were available when we moved, some of them never made it over here but that couldn't be helped. Sounds like we lost a recent sign up too. I'll try and find the file and email him what happened.

folders and such will not work as we are not using 'camaros.net' as the name, we are a number today so there is no way for your system to know what you have seen.

Service providers caches pages AND addresses. Mine still will not show me the new site and it may be hours or days until they update.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Works fine here.

------------------
camarodave
'69Z 23,000 orig. miles
Rallye Green/White stripes

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes & no can't get new today , 2 days etc.
T.P.Donaghy

·
Administrator
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The 'new today' and such are turned off. every single file was rebuilt so the program would be tossing chips trying to display all the thousands of files that it 'thinks' are new.

It will be back by the weekend if all goes well.

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
What happened? The site switched from the numeric TCP/IP address last night back to the camaros.net address line, and now because of my ISP's lousey DNS server I can't get onto the site anymore without cutting and pasting the numeric address onto each page. I like (for obvious personal reasons) the use of the TCP/IP address in the URL.

------------------
Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11
My 69 L48 - 350/300HP Engine

1 - 20 of 27 Posts