Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting this:

"The FP120 offers Professional performance at an affordable price. and operates on standard 115 volt (20A) household current. This professional heavy-duty unit is designed to meet the needs of repair shops, general fabrication, automotive shops, farm, ranch and home users. The FP130 features a four position welding power output control and infinite wire speed adjustment (0-590 ipm) giving precise welding control. Replacement parts; Tweco® 11 series tips and nozzles.

Each system comes with: Firepower® gas regulator, Tweco® Mig gun, ground cable w/clamp, power input cord, spare nozzle & tip, spool of .030" welding wire and owners manual."

120 A max output 20% duty cycle
welds steel from 22 gauge to 1/4"
2 & 10 LB spool capacity
.023 - .035 wire sizes
mig or flux
comes with regulator
Thermadyne 5-2-1 Warranty - CSA approved

Does this sound decent for an at-home light use welding setup?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$309 delivered to my door.. From the sounds of it, it's one of the better "cheap" machines. And being that it won't be used too awful much, I think it's worth a try...

All I need to do is get the gas, and I'll let everyone know how it works, although, it's been quite a while since I've done any welding.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got it here: http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/FIR-14440304.html

Free shipping for first order over $99, and no handling fee if over $50, and using a credit card.

Thermadyne is based in Missouri, so hopefully, if something goes wrong, any warranty work or replacement parts won't be a problem. I guess it's still somewhat of a gamble, but for $300, what the heck.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I've heard that to weld 1/4" with the littler 110 machines (like my lincoln) you should preheat the area nice and red. Once you start the bead, you're good to go. Anyone else heard of this technique??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.