Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get a really good deal locally on ebay for a set of "Camaro" Pacemark Radial GT 245/50/16 tires.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7956446271&fromMakeTrack=true

Can't find much info at all online, but does anyone know much about Pacemark tires?

I am thinking that maybe they were factory tires on 3rd or early 4th gen Camaros maybe?
Looking for some good traction and cornering, and a good deal at the same time. Any opinions?

They have a really high treadwear rating, so I am thinking maybe the compound is too hard for excellent cornering?

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
At that price, who cares what the wear rating is if they fit!!

Imho, get them if they fit!!

I figure at the min, you are talking about a 50 percent discount IF shipping doesn't eat you alive b/c "The Tire Rack" uses UPS and it's only like $8/$10/$12 per tire from South Bend, IN to Columbia, MO depending on size??

They just put an address tag/lable on them and ship them unwrapped sorta deal is all......

pdq67

·
Registered
292 Posts
Talk to some tire people. Find out if they're jointless belt constuction (better for uniformity or staying round). Whats the speed rating? Load rating? Ask what the wear index is, the traction and temperature. Talk to the salesman thats going to take into consideration your needs (performance vs. milage). Does the tread pattern look like its going to be noisy? Will they line up the same mark on the tires? Do they use a torque wrench to tighten the lug nuts? Some tire shops may also offer other sevices like, free lifetime balancing or rotating, if applicable. The tires are what keeps your car on the road. It is an important decision. Often times major tire manufacturers will make private label tire for Sears, Wal-Mart etc. This may be one of those hallmark brands and may explain the lack of info avilable. Again, go talk to an expert. You might actually find out that service and knowledge can be found.

Cris

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
OK, if you want to.

Buy them and then look on the sidewall and you will see a stamp that will list some numbers/letters, etc.. (It is about 3" long and skinny and looks like it is actually a metal strip that has been stamped which is what it is in the tire mould)...

These are the manufacturer's code and you can use the web to come up with a site that lists the code break-down that will tell you who actually made them!!

I bet they are made by a good brand, but off-labelled is all, imho...

I think Cooper and a couple of other manufacturer's like Kelley-Springfield do a lot of this..

And as bad as this is, a lot of our tires are NOW made in China vs made in Brazil.......

pdq67

1 - 5 of 5 Posts