Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to install the 3 leaf multi rear leaf springs and multi leaf 12 bolt rear in my 67 camaro that came with mono leafs. Since 67 did not have the staggerd shock Im guessing I will need to reuse my lower shock plate from the mono assembly. From what I can find on this site this conversion may lower my shock mounting point so Im wondering if the shocks will fit and if not which extension will work with this application. I figured someone here has done this conversion before? I see several extensions on the internet but was hoping for an exact part number.

thanks

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
DSE sells multi leaf shock plates for 67's
But it may not be needed to use the shock extenders, I didn't.
Basically you want to make sure your shocks aren't going to fully extend while driving around. Put it all together and see how much droop you can get without the extenders.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I have in my '69; Mr Gasket shock extenders: #1290 3/8" -24 thread - 3-1/2" long. 6 years and no problems with them.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks thats exactly what I needed to know. Im not sure I will need them yet but good to know. Thanks so much..

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
i used the Mr Gasket extenders in my Nova when i put multi leafs in. drove it 3 years like that with no problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts