Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased and installed MES door locks with an integrated alarm from A1Electric. I have installed the locks, tried to "center" them (which is REALLY hard given that you can't see what your doing since they are inside the door).

When I wire them to the alarm, the remote arm button fires the locks which go up and back down and the unarm button does nothing at all.

Help anyone?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
This sounds like a system that, if you lock with the key, both sides will lock, or, also, if you push down lock manually, both will lock. I say that because I suspect that at least one of the actuators is sitting a bit high and when you unlock, the actuator is trying to move the lock further than the lock mechanism can travel and you are getting a type of bounce or rebound forcing the lock back down. The other button is doing nothing possibly because the locks are already in the position that the button would move them to ... Anyway, try positioning your actuators by unlocking doors and then, fully extending the actuator. Then find a mounting position based on this geometry and then connect the linkage ... I hope this helps ... BTW, a mirror and a light may help you to see inside the door ... at least this may help with inspecting things ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts