Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im converting my car to a full race car for next year and I was going to put in a aluminum dash. Just wondering if anyone has one and how you made it or where you bought it?
Thanks,
Bobby Schulz.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What year camaro is it? I probably can get one made for you. Or you can try www.edmundsmetal.com and see if they would do it. The problem is they are a local company here in bradenton and I dont know if they would do it unless you gave them the exact dimensions and anything else needed to make it. Possibly even a diagram. I dont know though. My uncle is one of the top guys there and we are good friends with the owner(he races a 32 chevy called the playmate) I will find out for you if you want? My guess is that they would do it because everyone there is into racing both circle track and drag racing. Oh yea can you give me a little more info on the car?

[This message has been edited by fordthrasher (edited 04-05-2001).]

·
Registered
121 Posts
i've got an aluminum dash
a previous owner hacked the dash out with a sawzall and welded in a couple of pieces of inch and a half square tubing from wall to wall then slapped a piece of .060 with ProComp gauges in it...make me wanna puke everytime I get in the car...but come this summer, that thing is gone. I think it is actually heavier than the orig would have been with all accessories. What a numb-skull. please take my story as a "what not to do" and have a professional make something tasteful and with the proper aluminum supports bent up and riveted in if weight is a factor. I was going to recommend my Dad, but he is in Calif..does real nice custom aluminum work. Make sure you see a prtfolio or some other stuff the dude has done so you don't end up like me and my dash.

------------------
poor man's '69 with lots of road gunk underneath...but Im not gonna give up...ever!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information
I plan on making a very nice looking dash with some rolled bow tie emblems on it etc. Im making my 72 a pro street and it has to be nice so I can also show it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts