Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
believe it was screaming performance had a convertible build going years back. maybe was a '68
picture's of it all stripped down on a jig with just the inner rear structures and all braced up.
I dont remember the posters name. tried doing a search as well.

I am looking to remove the floors, frame rails and rockers and wondering if my bracing is enough.
or if I should just do each side rocker 1 at a time.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Definitely one side at a time on rockers. Check out my build video (below) where we replaced all of these on my 69 Convertible. We built a cart and then braced up the inside.
We built the cart before we removed any panels.

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
I have some photos of a 68 Camaro convertible on a jig. I am not sure who is the owner. If this is the jig you remember, I have more photos.

I apologize to the owner of the car for not giving him credit for the photos.

I wrote a thread a long time ago about extra bracing for convertible:
Extra Jig Bracing for rusty 1st Generation F bodies

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Tony,
I have followed your builds and watched your video's several times before I started. just waiting for the next 1!

Thanks TP,
that is the picture I was looking for. I thought it turned out to be a orange car in the end.
but it showed me the bracing I was looking for. also followed your marathon build as well. you document everything very well and give a great explanation as you do it. I commend you!

I built a jig a few years back when I did frame rails and few floor patches on my coupe. just wanted to make sure I had it all braced up for a convert before starting. I cut out the firewall and passenger rocker. now awaiting the new rockers to arrive so I can start putting them back on.

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts

10 photo limit

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good pictures, thanks for those.
what brand rockers did you both purchase?
I see AMD are a "X" part number so they are made under their brand. I am assuming they are all probably the same and just made then sold under all brands.

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
I see AMD are a "X" part number so they are made under their brand. I am assuming they are all probably the same and just made then sold under all brands.

dynacorn Driver side was perfect. Passenger side needed trimming by the front fender.

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Dynacorn, we had no real issues...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts