Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 67 SS/RS 12 bolt posi came with a great set of wilwood disc all around, but no p-brake. Car worth too much to trust the 4-speed to hold in gear. Anyone ever use/install these wilwood aftermarket mini calipers?

Looking for feedback or advise if worth the attempt vs. buying all new brake conversation for rear. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,167 Posts

·
13,971 Posts
Exactly which Wilwood rear calipers do you have?

·
13,971 Posts
My moser 12 bolt came with wilwood disc brakes and parking brake cable. I believe the parking brake cable is from a ford explorer. I had a shop install it for me and they followed what was done and the thread below with a couple modifications:
http://www.camaros.net/forums/16-brakes-suspension-steering/204983-pictures-lokar-brake-cable-wilwood-rear-calipers.html#/topics/204983?page=1&_k=e1q0b3
Depends on calipers. Some Wilwoods are track type without PB provisions.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I'm gonna have to crawl under there and get a good model number to one verify it doesn't have the parking break provisions obviously before I pull the trigger on the aftermarket parking brake option . The Willwood model seems like a viable option I just don't know what mounting brackets or hardware entails . Online information seems pretty vague

1 - 6 of 6 Posts